Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Graysonisms"

Fun title, I know!  As some of you already know, Grayson makes us laugh so hard we cry sometimes.  The things that come out of his 3 year old little mind and mouth crack us up.  Of course, some things make me realize he's a little more like me than I would probably like for him to be.  However, here are a few "Graysonisms"  that have made me laugh lately.

1.  Some time while I was in the hospital, Grayson was taking a fun ride on the elevator with his Granna while I was feeding Griffin.  We felt like the less questions asked about that, the better, so we decided to not do that in front of him just yet.  Well, apparently, he and Granna were talking about mommy feeding Griffin, and the conversation went south very quickly.  Grayson proceeded to tell his Granna that Griffin eats boobs.  Shocked and surprised, Granna quickly tried to make the conversation go in a different direction.  She quickly told him that we don't need to talk that way and changed the subject.  :)

2.  Grayson looked at me yesterday and said, "Mommy, but Griffin came out of your belly."  I said, "Yeah, I know."  Grayson proceeded to say, "Well, then why is your belly not flat?"  I thought how blessed I was to have my little 3 year old tell me that I'm not quite back to my goal weight yet.

3.  We went to eat lunch with Dave yesterday and on the way back to Dave's work, Grayson was "talking" to someone on one of our old cell phones.  Grayson said, "Hey guys!  Turn down the radio.  I'm talking on the phone."  Dave turned down the radio and asked, "Well, who are you talking to?"  Grayson said, "I'm talking to someone who doesn't know God."  Dave said, "Well, maybe you should tell them about Jesus."  Grayson said, "I can't tell them about Jesus because I have a lot of other stuff and things to tell them about."  Dave said, " If someone doesn't know God, then the most important thing you could tell them would be about Jesus."  Then, Grayson proceeded to tell whoever was on the phone the story of Jesus.  :)

8 comments:

Lori said...

Training him early on sharing the gospel!!! I love it!!!

Kara Clayton said...

Girl, you know I'm one of your biggest fans/readers/whatever you want to call me!!! That last one is precious and boy, how about those first two! I guess you just gotta laugh and write em down so you can remind him one day of how sweet he was! :-) Love you!

Becky Lollar said...

Those made me smile!! What a family of comedians we have!! :)

Julie Rider said...

Hey Jill! We're reading all the time! Can't wait to see the baby! The pictures are great! By the way, could Grayson look any more like his mommy? Love y'all! Julie

CIntfen said...

Jill - I want to know if you'll have time to update this once you return to work! ;) If so, you are super mom already!! Griffen is preious and just remember how different my two are!!
Love,
Crystal

ashley said...

Those are too cute! We have "Brantisms" all the time also. I'm glad everyone is doing well. Love ya! Ashley

Anna Beth said...

Keep the Graysonisms coming! Love it. Also love the tunes. Listening at work right now. Love, BeBe

Erin said...

Those are hilarious!! Thankfully SD has not asked about my belly yet!