Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Silly Six

I have been tagged by Becky.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.

Ok, here it goes:

1. My number one is Becky's number 2.  I'm a grammar teacher, so I feel a little justified in this one.  I can't stand people using incorrect English or misspelling words.  IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!  My biggest issue is when people use "I" and "me" incorrectly.  So, here's a quick grammar lesson:  "I" is a pronoun that must be the subject of a verb.  "Me" is a pronoun that must be the object of the verb.  The easiest way to decipher the two is to remove the other noun from the sentence and see if it still makes sense.  Got it?  I've always been pretty good at English and I've always been a good speller.  THANKS BECKY.....I'm not alone.  :)

2.  When the bed is made, the sheets have to be tucked under the mattress.  If they aren't, it just irritates me.  I don't know why.

3. I love hotels.  Even though it's not my bed, there is something that excites me about being away from  home.  Think I'm crazy, but I even enjoyed staying in the hospital after my csection.  Who wouldn't?  Nurses were taking care of me and my baby.  :)

4. I can't go to bed unless the kitchen is clean and the living room is picked up.  It may be because these are the first two rooms I walk into in the morning when I wake up, but I can't stand if they are dirty.

5.  I don't like when things are out of place.  If I know that things are supposed to be in a certain place, if they have been moved, it gets all over me.

6. I can't sleep with the door open.  I really don't have a reason for this, I just can't.

**Oddly enough, most of my quirks are about bed.  There is probably something deeply, psychologically wrong with me.  :)






4 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, you and I have some of the same quirks! I can instantly tell if something is out of place! And, our house gets picked up EVERY night, I can't stand to leave the playroom a mess, even for one night.

Delilah said...

I got your tag. Thanks, it's my first one and shows me that someone knows where my blog is! Yeah! I will work on it tomorrow or Friday.

Lori said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I was just tagged and did my six random things last week. So I think I'll pass on this one.

Marksberry Family said...

yeah... that is why we thought Wyatt was going to be a girl until the ultrasound. He had a high heartbeat the entire time... well, see.