Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Sweet Grayson

It's been a long time since I have blogged, and I usually blog about Griffin.  However, I don't ever want to leave Grayson out.  He is just as sweet and just as cute.  He also says the sweetest things that remind me of how blessed I am.  I will share a few stories that have made us laugh and made us cry, but first......some pictures of my guy.  


He loves to hold Griffin, although I'm not that sure if Griffin enjoys it as much as Grayson.  :)
This is a picture of Grayson, Scrapper, and blankie before bed tonight after a sweet, sweet time talking with Mommy and Daddy.
This is the same picture.  It's just a close-up version so you can see his cute face.  


On with the stories:

1.  Today was promotion Sunday at church, and our church has just finished the coolest preschool space of all time.  Anyway, that was just a side note.  Grayson moved up classes.  He was really nervous, so to distract him a little, I told him that I wanted to hear what his Bible story was today and that he better be able to tell me about it.  So, after church Grayson came out with a lion face/head that he had made out of a paper plate.  The paper plate was the face and pieces of yellow and orange paper had been torn to make the mane.  I don't really think this had anything to do with the Bible story.  I think it was just a craft, but I asked anyway.  

Me: "Grayson, what was the Bible story about today?  Did it have something to do with a lion?"
Grayson: "No Mommy....It was this story about God and His staff of rhythm."

I really don't know what that means.  I think his Bible story was about David.  All I know is that Grayson really loves music.  He also knows that David was a shepherd that carried a staff, and I suppose that God had something to do with the story.  Maybe he just got it mixed up.  We still don't know the reason behind the lion.  Needless to say, we thought it was funny.  


2.  I guess this story has two parts.  It started tonight before bed.  We did our usual: Bible story, song, prayer.  Our Bible story tonight was entitled, "Paul's Journeys."  It mentioned something about how the new followers of Jesus Christ were called Christians.  Using this as a "teachable moment," I told Grayson that when we put our trust in Jesus we are called Christians.  He said, "Well, I trust in Jesus.  I'm a Christian."   I guess I just don't think before I say things because I had no comeback for this.  So, I called Dave in there.  Dave started explaining that one day he'll understand what it means to put his faith in Jesus, briefly discussed sin (bad choices), and reminded Grayson of the stories that they read just last week about Jesus dying on the cross.  When Dave got through somewhat explaining this to Grayson, he had this confused look on his face.  He looked at Dave and said, "Dad, I can't do that.  I can't put my face in Jesus'.  That wouldn't be nice."  :)

The second part to this story is when Grayson said his prayer he said, "Jesus, please help me make good choices, and Jesus, I will trust in You."  This made me so emotional.  I don't do it enough, but I pray that Grayson and Griffin will put their trust in Jesus.  I pray that they will come to know Him one day.  This is such an encouragement to me- this child who may not fully understand what it's all about, but he's saying, "Jesus, I will trust in You."  

3 comments:

Kara Clayton said...

Girl, I think that is one of the most precious blogs I've ever read! You'll cherish that memory forever!!!

Delilah said...

That is so sweet. Mattie ends every prayer with "God, thank you for putting Jesus in my heart". It melts my heart and I pray that it will come true one day. Kids are so sweet and have such a prue heart about God. I wish adults could accept Him so easily.

Lauren said...

I love that sweet little boy