Thursday, May 28, 2009

We have the helmet!

Today we went to get Griffin's helmet.  I have to say that he did much better than I expected him to do.  The only thing is, he sweats profusely under it!!!!  Since this is the first day, he had it on for one hour, then off for the next hour all day.  By next week, he will be wearing it all day long (23 hours to be exact)!  Every time we took it off he was soaking wet.  :-(  He's adjusting well.  I think Momma just needs time to adjust too.  We haven't added our "touch" to it yet, but the plan is to turn it into a Texas Rangers baseball helmet.  Below are some pics.  Enjoy!




1 comments:

Rebecca Harber said...

Jill I don't know if you remember me but I dated your brother for a little over a year. I was wondering about your little guy and his helmet. Why does he have to wear a helmet. My daughter had surgery for Craniosynostosis a year ago in June. This is a condition where the plates in the skull fuse together too soon. This a a condition that uses helmets too if the child does not have the full reconstructive surgery, which Julianna had. They do a endoscopic surgery where they use helmet therapy but Julianna's doctor does not do that surgery.

I am part of an online support group for parents of cranio kiddos. Julianna did not have to wear a helmet but I know a lot of parents that their children did. To help with sweating one of the mamas posted these directions for a cap to go under the helmet. If you can not see it let me know and I can email it to you or you could join the group. http://craniokids.org/support/showthread.php?t=4760

If you have any questions feel free to email me. You can look at my blog and watch Julianna's cranio journey video. We have been through a lot this past year but we are happy that God has taken us through it all. I am happy to report that Julianna is doing great and her head is healing beautifully.